How to Get Started Building Apps for Windows Phone and Enter the Mango App Challenge
- Visit theÂ Microsoft Canada Windows Phone Developer Resource Page:Â This is a one-stop link shop for pretty much everything you need to start building for Windows Phone (in fact, the links below this one are included in this Resource page)
- DownloadÂ the free developer tools
- Learn how to develop for Windows Phone with free training likeÂ this,Â thisÂ andÂ this
- RegisterÂ as a Canadian-based publisher on the App Hub (this will allow you to publish apps to the Marketplace)
- Build and test your 2 apps.Â Then submit your apps for certification in the Marketplace.Â When it passes certification, publish your apps.
- SubmitÂ your 2 published apps to theÂ Mango App ChallengeÂ before December 15, 2011.
- If you meet the requirements of the Mango App Challenge and there are still phones available from this offer, then you will be notified that you have scored yourself a free Windows Phone!
You can find more details on the challenge here.