Its important for both the developers and consumers to know what others think about an application. Consumers make decisions to whether buy an app or not whereas an developer uses the feedback from customers to further improve his app. Zune marketplace allows users to write review on apps. But there is no way to contact the customer who actually wrote it, if the developer needs so. Tom Verhoeff,a student of Computer Science at the Delft University of Technology and also a Microsoft Student Partner have developed a Silverlight browser app which lets you to interact with your consumers. Here is the way to do it,
- Look up your app like you normally would in the WP7 Review Reader: http://wp7reviews.tomverhoeff.com/
- Click the username of the review author you would like to contact
- You will be redirected to a Zune Social direct message form, make sure you are signed in with the Live ID you would like to use for communication.
- Enter the message you would like to send
- Hit send!
- Thatâ€™s it, the message will now be delivered to the review author through Zune Social
A notification email will be sent to the customer regarding this message.
Source: Tom Verhoeffâ€™s Blog