Have you ever heard of vodlocker? It’s a website, just like YouTube, to host video files. But with a few key differences:
- It’s ugly
- There are lots of (dodgy) ads
- There are a lot of
movies and TV Showsvideos.
To resolve these first two problems, you can use VoodVid. Then, you have unlimited access to hundreds of thousands of streaming movies and TV Shows videos. It’s elegant UI allows you to navigate vodlocker.com from your windows 10 pc, tablet, 2-in-1, phone, hololens, and soon xbox. No premium subscription, no in-app purchases, and most importantly: no ads. And all of this for 0.00$.
Here’s a list of the new features:
- TV Show detection has been vastly improved. The app’s IQ has jumped by a few hundred points, as it can now detect what season and what episode a video belongs to, no matter how it’s been formatted in the title.
- Your home page now sorts your favorites by the show’s name (It also detects that in a way smarter way too) and then by season/episode. The movies are automatically at the top of the list.
- You can now sort search results by upload date or by title.
- If you were watching the last episode of a season, VoodVid is now smart enough to ask if you want to watch the first episode of the next season. Binge watching has just been made way easier! (Obviously, it will still ask if you want to watch the next episode when the season isn’t finished).
- Search results now show 35 results instead of 20. Pagination is coming in the next update.
- I’ve started adding subtitle management and GIF from any vodlocker video, but none of these major features are visible yet. It’s all under-the-hood unfinished code.