I’m happy to announce the release of the new version 1.1 of Dynamic theme application for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile.
Its goal has not changed: use the daily Bing image as your background and/or your lock screen on both PC, tablets and/or phones. Daily update is automatic, and if you want – a notification may be raised to indicate the publication of new image of the day. This notification is independent of use or not of the daily Bing image as background and/or lock screen options. A dynamic tile is also available.
But with this new version, I introduce a lot of requested features and more:
- Support of Windows Spotlight pictures for all features
- Personalize culture of Bing pictures (Australia, Canada, China, Germany, France, Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States are supported)
- Contextual menu for pin/unpin a settings view to your Start (with live tiles support)
- Secondary tile with live tile feature support
- Support of multiple folders for slideshow feature (background and lock screen)
- Autosave daily pictures (Bing and Windows Spotlight)
- Interactive toast notifications for save a daily picture (Bing and Windows Spotlight)
- Some UI enhancements (navigation, open a directory from multiple folders control, badge on app tiles, …)
- Option to use the system settings in case where another application personalizes your background and/or lock screen
- Dutch translation
- Portuguese translation
- Turkish translation
- Slovak translation
- Polish translation
I also made some optimizations and update:
- Optimize performance of background tasks for synchronizing daily pictures and throwing associated alerts
- Optimize size of application package in Windows Store
- Improve synchronization of settings between devices
- Improve migration of settings after an update without having to manually start the application
- English translation
- Spanish translation
- Italian translation
And finally some fixes:
- Malfunctioning of the daily Bing picture synchronization (randomly breaking)
- When the network connection changes, the pictures do not load anymore
- Some UI glitches (navigation, controls visibility, …)
Some feature exists natively in Windows 10 Desktop but not in Windows 10 Mobile (or the opposite). I propose them (Bing images, Windows Spotlight images, slideshow) without distinction on both platforms.
The application is free and contains no ads or in-app purchase. It is an universal application (UWP) and requires Windows 10 (minimum 10240 release on July). The application is available in 10 languages: French, English, Deutsch, Español, Italiano, Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish, Slovak and Polish.
Few links for check all informations about “Dynamic theme” application:
- All announcements for the app (new features and updates) (in French)
- Dedicated website that includes all the details and full changelogs (including some not show in Windows Store)
If people want to provide new translations or improvements of existing translations, I’m listening and integrate changes with pleasures. If you have questions or feedbacks about this app, don’t hesitate to contact me directly with this form 🙂
Some screenshots of the app below:
Find it in the store here.
[appbox windowsstore 9nblggh1zbkw ]