Last year we have covered an app for Windows 8(.1) called Live Interior 3D Pro. The app still does what it did back then: One can design rooms or even whole houses with a lot of options to chose from. Since our last coverage, however, lots of things changed as the app has been updated. Compared to last year the following changes have been made:
- Introduced Light Editor dialog that helps create and control light sources (Pro only).
- Introduced Type & Representation dialog for setting object type, origin, adjusting 2D and 3D representations (Pro only).
- Added Horizontal and Vertical Rulers and ability to add Layout Guides with snapping on 2D floor plan. (to add a Layout Guide right click on 2D or drag it from the Ruler).
- Added Info Panel on the top of the 2D View, showing the selected object parameters.
- Links to Live Interior 3D pages on Facebook and Twitter were added to the Gallery.
- Fixed some issues with importing files and materials in non-english user accounts.
- Added an option in Program Preferences to choose graphics card for the program to work with. Now graphic settings and quality limits depend on the graphic card.
- Now you can edit floor and ceiling shape by adding and adjusting contour points. (Right click on the existing contour point for selected floor or ceiling and select Add/Remove Contour point).
- Other minor improvements.
I still recommend the app if you are looking for such a program. The app usually costs $19.99 but is on sale again for ten days now, making it $9.99 only. You can find the app here.