During PDXCON 2019, it was announced that medieval strategy role-playing game Crusader Kings III will be officially releasing on PC in 2020.
The game will be the latest instalment in the Crusader Kings series after 2012’s Crusader Kings II. Crusader Kings III is set to have a more detailed map, 3D character models, an in-depth genetics system, skill trees, and much more.
- Shape Your Dynasty: Guide unique characters through history, choosing lifestyles best suited to their personalities and your ambitions.
- Rewrite Medieval History: Dynasties will change and adapt to changes in family and politics, swimming in a rich world of religious faith and royal pageantry.
- Build a Mighty Kingdom: Use cold steel or warm words to expand your realm; war backed by cunning, and diplomacy that unites bloodlines.
- Experience High Drama: Stranger than fiction stories leap off the screen, as characters plot against you and events push you to extremes.
- Learn as You Go: Guided advice helps newcomers and veterans navigate a rich medieval world. In-game suggestions tip you off to paths you might not have considered.
- The Usual Crusader Kings Fun: Keep a stubborn council in line, scheme against your overbearing uncle or marry rich duchesses for their land and legacy.
Paradox also announced that the game’s immensely beloved prequel, Crusader Kings II, is now officially free to keep. You can pick it up on Steam by following the link here.
Crusader Kings II now also contains the Monarch’s Journey, a brand new way of exploring the world of Crusader Kings that will also allow players to earn cosmetic add-ons for Crusader Kings III.
As a nice bonus, if you sign up to play Crusader Kings II now, you can receive the Old Gods expansion for free. You can also earn free stuff by referring your friends. For more information, check out the official Crusader Kings website.
Crusader Kings III will release in 2020 on PC through both Xbox Game Pass for PC and Steam.