Critical Mass is a strategy board game where you have to conquer all the opponent’s tiles by placing “virtual bombs” on them and make them explode. The core mechanics are very simple to learn, like the similar game “Reversi” (Othello), but you have to develop and master your strategy if you want to beat your opponents.
The game offers a single player option, where you can play against the AI through several difficulty levels and you can try to beat your best score each time. But tons of hours of fun awaits you within the multiplayer option. A facebook account is required so don’t worry if the game will ask for your credentials. Now you can challenge all your FB friends and all other people over the world that have the game installed! To spice things up, an in-game chat is also available by tapping the opponent’s profile image in the game page.
How to play:
- You can place a bomb on one of your tiles or an empty one by tapping it.
- Each tile has a “critical mass” value, corresponding to the number of neighbours (vertically and horizontally), e.g., 2 for the corners and 3 for the borders.
- If the number of bombs reaches that value the tile will explode, loosing all its bombs and dropping one on each of its neighbours, conquering them.
- Watch out for chain reaction explosions! So plan ahead.
- Conquer all the opponent tiles to win the game!
Critical Mass is available for free and has no limitations. The only in-app purchase, choosable from the menu, is to remove ads.
Download it here from Windows Phone Store.