Third party Nest app Cozy has been updated to Windows 10 for desktop and Mobile, adding support for Cortana on both platforms, so you can change the temperature or set your away status straight from Cortana without having to open the app.
The app now also features a sleek responsive design, and if you have a Nest protect device the app can alert you with a toast notification if there are any warnings or emergencies (of course in the absence of Notification support from Nest directly these are not real time).
The app also allows you to pin individual live tiles for each of your Nest devices so that you can see your status of your devices from your start menu/screen.
The app features:
- View your Nest Thermostat or Nest Protect
- Change temperature, HVAC mode, and fan timer on your thermostat
- Set away mode on/off
- Toast notifications for Nest Protect warnings and emergencies (Nest API doesn’t support push notifications so it’s not instant)
- Cortana integration to change the temperature or change away status
- Ability to pin a live tile for specific devices
Find the updated app for free in the Windows Store here.
See screen shots of the app below.