Update 1606 for Configuration Manager Technical Preview has been released, and it includes new and improved features such as being able to configure clients so that ConfigMgr-deployed software is automatically trusted, but software from other sources is not. Check out a list of new features below.
- ConfigMgr as a managed installer for easier application whitelisting on Windows10: You can now configure clients so that ConfigMgr-deployed software is automatically trusted, but software from other sources is not. Read more in this blog post.
- Cloud Proxy Service: This technical preview provides a simple way to manage ConfigMgr clients on the Internet. The Cloud Proxy Service, which is deployed to Microsoft Azure and requires an Azure subscription, connects to your on-premises ConfigMgr infrastructure using a new role called the cloud proxy connector point. You can use the ConfigMgr console to deploy the service to Azure and configure the supported roles to allow cloud proxy traffic.
- Grace period for application and software update deployments: You are now able to give users a grace period to install required applications or software updates beyond any deadlines you configured. This can be useful for when a computer has been turned off for an extended period of time like when an end user has just returned from vacation.
- Multiple device management points for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition devices: On-premises Mobile Device Management (MDM) supports a new capability in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition that automatically configures an enrolled device to have more than one device management point available for use. This capability allows the device to fall back to another device management point when the one it was using is not available.
This release also includes the following new feature for customers using System Center Configuration Manager connected with Microsoft Intune to manage mobile devices:
- Device categories: You can create device categories, which can be used to automatically place devices in device collections when used in hybrid environments. Users are then required to choose a device category when they enroll a device in Intune.
You can install the Configuration Manager Technical Preview here.