Cisco today announced that it is expanding its Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Solutions portfolio by offering Microsoft Azure Stack on Cisco UCS via an integrated, validated system that enables business to deliver Microsoft Azure services from their on-premises data center. Read about some of the key benefits of Microsoft Azure Stack on Cisco UCS below.
- Provides accelerated growth and innovation for enterprise customers and service providers looking to grow their businesses quickly with an efficient and flexible cloud consumption model. Service providers can deliver Cisco-Azure infrastructure as-a-service (Iaas) and platform-as-a-service (Paas).
- Builds on the industry leading Fabric-based UCS architecture featuring High-Performance Networking with the versatile Cisco Virtual Interface Card that is optimized for Azure Stack.
- Simplifies management and control by providing a single pane of glass for managing Compute, Azure Stack Optimized Adapter and Networking through policy based templates thus reducing the Total Cost of Ownership for joint customers.
- Increases confidence and trust with an IT environment supported by Cisco and Microsoft – proven innovators and market leaders in hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Enables management of cloud actions with Cisco ONE Enterprise Cloud Suite Cloud Management package to automate deployment and management of applications across 20 hybrid cloud environments including Microsoft Azure Stack.
- Connects everything through Cisco enterprise networks which preserves policy to ensure performance and security.
“Microsoft and Cisco are proven innovators and trusted technology partners, giving customers the confidence their IT environments can be supported and secure. Microsoft Azure Stack provides services and application programming interfaces (APIs) compatible with the Azure public cloud, allowing developers to do their best work while giving them the agility to deploy their applications to public, private or hosted clouds,” said Mike Neil, corporate vice president, Azure Infrastructure & Management, Microsoft.
Cisco Integrated System for Azure Stack is expected to be available in Q3-Q4 2017.