If you’re one of them who are bored with Google’s limited number of themes and wants more quality themes, you now have a reason to rejoice. Google now lets you create your own theme for Chrome, and the best part is: you’ll be able to create themes within the browser. So if you think you’re creative and can create your own, this is the perfect time to do so.
However, aside from a limited number of themes in the browser, Google also publishes many new themes, which look really nice. But you have something uniques in mind and create a theme on your own then read along.
Here is how you can create a custom theme in Chrome(Canary) browser
Enable the following flags by visiting chrome://flags
- NTP(New Tab Page) Customization version 2
- Chrome colors menu
- Custom color picker for chrome colors menu
Once you enable the aforementioned flag, follow the below steps:
- Launch Chrome Canary
- Click Customize, select “Color and Theme”
- Click on the pencil icon in the circle, and enter values for R(short for Red), G(short for Green) and B(short for Blue) from 0 to 255 or enter Hex code, click tick mark to apply changes to the browser.
- Now visit “Background” section and upload an image from your computer or select from the collection displayed and click Done, you can even turn on “Refresh daily,” which automatically changes the background.
- Chrome will also let you customize things in the shortcuts for NTP on your own when you visit “Shortcuts.” However, the feature doesn’t work this moment.
Do you use themes on your Chrome browser, or you prefer the default? Do let us know in the comments below.