How to check whether your Lenovo PC is affected by Superfish adware?
- Visit https://www.canibesuperphished.com/
- Check whether you have got any warnings from the browser you use. If you are an Internet Explorer user, you should get a page like the below,
- If you get a warning from your browser, then your PC is safe.
- If the page opens without any warning, then your PC is affected by Superfish.
How to remove Superfish?
Uninstalling Superfish Visual Discovery:
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program
- Select Visual Discovery > Uninstall
Superfish will be removed from Program Files and Program Data directories, files in user directory will stay intact for the privacy reason. Registry entry and root certificate will remain as well. The Superfish service will stop working as soon as it is uninstalled via above process, remaining files will stop functioning, has zero impact to user’s PC. Nothing will be re-activated upon PC reboot.