Microsoft’s new Windows store defaults to automatically updating installed apps for users of Windows 10 devices which keeps all the apps on the device fresh and ready to go. However, due to a quirk in the store design, users are not notified when the Windows Store has updated their apps and may only check by manually installing the app updates or checking version numbers. Fortunately, if you would like to know if your phone or PC has recently refreshed all its apps, there’s a simple way to check.
- Go to the settings app on your device
- Select “System”
- Look for “Storage”, on phones this should be the sixth item on the list.
- Tap on “This Device”, (if you have your apps installed on an SD card or other removable storage make sure to tap on that as well)
- Navigate to Apps & Games
- Sort the list of installed apps by installation date
- Recently updated apps will always appear on the top
It’s not a perfect solution, and it is a tedious workaround, yet if some app suddenly stops working knowing that it is because of an update it could be useful for troubleshooting purposes.
If you want Microsoft to implement native support for this extremely obvious feature, then upvote this hyperlinked suggestion in the feedback hub.