Uber may be the hip thing when it comes to picking cars, but sometimes people just prefer driving themselves when in foreign countries.
Car2Go , a car rental service based out of the UK has just updated their app to support Windows 10 Mobile devices, adding in a few new features as well.
As well as new live tile options, Car2Go has also added in integration with Cortana allowing you to use the app via voice, and lockscreen integration.
See the full changelog pulled from the Windows Store below.
- Never miss a reservation again! The car2go tile will turn into a live tile on an ongoing reservation or a rental on a “Smartphone Only” car2go. You can check the validity time of a reservation, the actual number plate of the reserved car2go and the address.
- You can now ask Cortana for a car, try asking “car2go, is there a car2go in the surroundings?”. You can also ask Cortana for your last trips “car2go, Show me my last trips” or the cost of your last trip by asking “car2go, How much was my last trip?”.
- car2go on your Lock Screen! You can now set up car2go as the detailed status provider of your lock screen, so that you can easily check the reservation validity time, the actual number plate of your reserved car2go and the address. On top of that, if you are driving a “Smartphone Only” car2go, you will be able to view the starting time of your rental. How do you set it up? Just go to All Settings on your phone, then Lock Screen and finally set the car2go app to display the detailed status.
- The name of the payment profile were your trip was charged is shown in your last trip detail view.
- UX / UI improvements
- Crashes, bugs and other issues fixed