Update: The new firmware is also available for the Lumia 950 XL on the Windows Device Recovery Tool.
Microsoft earlier this month released firmware for the Lumia 950 and 950 XL which enabled the long-awaited double tap to wake feature on them.
While the rollout was earlier limited to single-sim, open market devices, the update is now on the WDRT (Windows Device Recovery Tool) servers for dual sim enabled Lumia 950s according to a report from Windows Central.
Here’s what the firmware update brings to version 01078.00053.16236.35005 brings:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users
All in all, it’s a pretty nice update that should add some spring to your Lumia 950.
Its worth noting that an update via WDRT means you’ll end up having to wipe your device and set it up from scratch afterwards, so its better to wait a few weeks till the update finally rolls out OTA (over the air).
Got the new firmware? Let us know what you think in the comments below.