While it was initially slated to start September 1st, the Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer Private Beta is now live, for both Xbox One and PS4 users. If you pre-ordered the game, you can download the beta and start playing immediately. Also if you played the beta in weekend one, you are already set up to be able to be able to play this weekend, and the beta lets gamers play up to level 30.
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) August 31, 2017
Activision provided some details about the beta, including:
- All new Map Aachen
- Capture The Flag mode will be added
- New level cap. It’s not clear what the level cap will start at, but an Activision Assist article (now removed) says the final beta level cap will be level 40.
- With the new level cap, new weapons, scorestreaks, and more will be unlocked:
- New Sniper Rifle
- M1A1 Carbine
- Mortar Strike
- TDM score limit will be 100
- Kills in Domination will earn 100 points per kill
- Search and Destroy will not be available in the beta…will be in the game at launch.
- WWII will feature a map voting system at launch; beta does not have it because they want to make sure all maps are being played for testing.
The beta will run from today until Monday, September 4th at 10 am PT. And for those who still want to access the private beta, you can redeem your code at callofduty.com/beta. No word yet on the release date for the private beta on PC.