We have posted before about BoxCryptor, a service with which you can encrypt your files before uploading them to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive and many other providers. Your cloud provider only receives encrypted files and you keep control of your data.
The app for accessing the service on your phone is now available for Windows Phone and features:
- Supports most cloud storage providers like Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive. See below for a complete list of supported providers
- Access your encrypted files (documents, photos, music, etc.) in your cloud anytime and have your sensitive files always with you
- Encryption and decryption is done directly on your device – your password is never transmitted
- Secure file encryption using the AES-256 standard
- Boxcryptor Unlimited users can also use filename encryption
The Boxcryptor Company Package offers additional features for businesses:
- Use a master key to be able to decrypt every employee’s files
- Set policies to enforce rules
- Central user management and billing
List of supported storage providers:
Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Box.net, SugarSync, Egnyte, Strato HiDrive, Telekom Cloud, Cubby, GMX MediaCenter, Web.de Smartdrive, Livedrive, Yandex Disk, CloudSafe and others using WebDAV.
Find the app for free in the Windows Phone Store here.