Today, Box announced that the company is bringing its official app to Windows 10. The company’s new app is a Universal Windows App, meaning that it will run on PCs, tablets, and Windows 10 Mobile. The app includes a user interface inspired by Windows 10, and packs a handful of features such as:
- Manage content across devices: Users have a seamless content experience across all of their Windows PCs, tablets and phones
- Share files with anyone: Simply send shared links for a specific file or folder from the app without having to deal with large attachments
- Preview Office content easily: Preview a variety of different file types including Office files, PDFs, images and more in the app without every having to download the content to your device
- Create and collaborate on Office files: The app integrates with the Windows file picker so users can create and edit Office files such as Word, PowerPoint, or Excel and have those changes saved directly back to Box
- Receive updates in real-time: You can work on Office files right from the app and get updates on changes with the newly enhanced Windows notification center
- Multitask and use Box whenever you need it: Work on Box and other apps side by side with the Windows 10 multitasking feature – resize Box to make it as big or small as you need
- Quickly find your favorites: Pin certain Box files and favorites right to your Start screen using Windows 10 Live Tiles so you can quickly access them whenever you need to
Aaron Levie, the CEO at Box stated:
With Box for Windows 10, users have a seamless content experience across all of their Windows devices – whether they’re using a phone, tablet or PC. Our app integrates with the Windows file picker so users can work in an Office file such as Word, PowerPoint, or Excel and have those changes saved directly back to Box without ever leaving Office. You can work collaborate on Office files right from the app and stay up to date on changes with the newly enhanced notification center.
The app is looking pretty sweet right now, and it’s also available for free. If you want to grab the app for your Windows 10 device, head over to this link.
[appbox windowsstore 9nblggh68lpl]