Microsoft has updated their Bing Translator app to version 2.6.
The app allows users to translate voice, text or photos from one language to another, even off-line and offers:
- Text translation – Type and translate text into 36 languages.
- Camera translation – Translate signs, menus, newspapers, or any printed text with your device’s camera in an instant.
- Voice translation – Translate by speaking into your phone. Voice translation requires a network connection.
- Text to speech – Hear translations spoken with a native speaker’s accent. Text to speech requires a network connection.
- Offline translation – Translate when you are not connected to the Internet and when you want to avoid expensive data roaming charges, by using downloadable offline language packs.
- Word of the Day – Improve your vocabulary by pinning the Translator to your Start screen.
Version 2.6 offers improved text tracking improvements for camera translation and camera and offline translation for Portuguese.
The free app can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.