Today Bing team released its summary for search data of 2011. You can see about the search trends in detail at Bing blog. For example Justin Bieber is the most searched celebrity and The high profile trials of Casey Anthony (#1) and Conrad Murray (#7) were followed closely by Americans this year was the most search news story of the year. The boys got served by Maria Sharapova in sports-related queries, beating Tiger Woods by 4 percent and Brett Favre by 117 percent.
Most Notable Changes in Bing’s Most Searched Celebrity in 2011 versus 2010:
- Bieber fever just got hotter: Justin Bieber moved from #6 in 2010 to #1 in 2011.
- The fascination in Kim Kardashian remains strong in 2011, with her moving slightly from #1 in 2010 to #2 in 2011.
- Six out of the top ten most searched people on Bing in 2010 fell out of the top ten in 2011, including Sandra Bullock, Jesse James, Michael Jackson, Tiger Woods, Barack Obama and Kate Gosselin.
- New to the top ten most searched people on Bing in 2011 include Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, Megan Fox, and Miley Cyrus.
- Unfortunate news for Barack Obama heading into an election year, the President fell from #5 in 2010 to #49 in 2011.
- Team Aniston is on an upswing, with Jennifer Aniston moving from #9 in 2010 to #3 in 2011, while Angelina Jolie fell from #17 in 2010 to #26 in 2011.
- Dating the Biebs has its benefits…Selena Gomez went from #50 in 2010 to #11 in 2011.
- Fueled by eight #1 hits for Teenage Dream, Katy Perry went from #26 in 2010 to #7 in 2011.
- After not even cracking the top 50 in 2010, Jennifer Lopez rocketed to the 5th most searched person in Bing this year.
- American fell in love with the Middleton sisters in 2011, with Kate coming in at #12 and Pippa at #21.
Read more on this here.