Continuing with the multi-platform theme, why port your game when you can write it cross-platform from the start.
Pocketeeers has just released its first multi-platform Arkanoid style arcade title BattleBallz for iPhone, iPad and Windows Phone 7.
The game can be played both against a computer or a second player (using 4 point multi-touch). Players face off across a playfield separated by breakable bricks and do battle over 10-30 rounds of increasing difficulty.
As the difficulty increases the playfield is littered with hazards such as Gravity Wells, Zappers and Grabbers. Players can power up their own team or put the enemy team at a disadvantage by collecting positive power-ups, whilst collecting negative power-ups will put the players own team at a disadvantage.
BattleBallz is designed to support a wide range of skill levels with 4 difficulty modes (easy, normal, hard and insane). An achievements system is integrated into the game giving the player around 80 achievements to obtain and post to their Facebook account .
The app features:
- Single and 2 player modes allowing you to play head to head against insane AI or an insane friend
- Pick your battle arrangement using AI opponents to help you
- 4 modes of difficulty (easy, normal, hard and insane)
- Progressive difficulty from round to round with new game play features added at various stages such as zappers, black holes and gravity wells
- Around 80 different achievements that can be earned and posted to Facebook
- Pick-ups to help / hinder players such as barriers, shrink enemy, grow player, freeze wave and more
- Slam play to trick your enemies
- 10, 20 and 30 round battles
- Stats tracking to help you measure and improve your performance
- Death match bonus rounds
BattleBallz is Â£0.99 with a free trial and can be found in Marketplace here.
With too many devs release for iOS first and put together ports for WP7 Â it’s good to see a forward-looking studio for once.Â Pocketeers previous work includes titles such as Need for Speed on Nintendo GBA and Nintendo DS. Video and more information about the game can be found at www.battleballz.com.