Microsoft promised monthly updates to Windows 10 Mobile handsets, similar to their Patch Tuesday on PCs, and this included carrier-branded handsets.
It seems Microsoft is keeping their promise, and is currently in the process of pushing out Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.164 to Lumia 950 handsets on AT&T, even those who are not enrolled in the Insider program.
Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.164 brings:
- Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled.
- Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
- Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, “Close all tabs” not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
- Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app. Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
- Improvements for battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.
To see if the update is available for your device go to Settings > Update & security > Phone update and Check for updates.