Windows CE powered MIDâ€™s seem to be increasingly common. Wirelession Electronics has announced a Win CE 6.0 version powered by an ARM Cortex-A8 processor.
The w1060 is otherwise also pretty well specified, with a 7 inch WVGA screen, WIFI, Bluetooth and optional GPS receiver. It supports AVI, MPEG4, MPEG2, WMV, and H.264 and can run for up to 8 hours on one charge.
The full specs are:
- Processor — ARM Cortex-A8 clocked at 600MHz
- Memory — 256MB of RAM; flash n/s
- Display — 7-inch touchscreen with 800 x 480 pixel resolution
- Expansion — microSD slot
- WLAN — 802.11b/g/n
- PAN — Bluetooth
- GPS — optional
- Other I/O — USB port
- Battery — 3000mAh; five to eight hours operation
- Size — 7.08 x 4.33 x 0.59 inches (180 x 110 x 15mm)
- Weight — 13.75 ounces (0.39kg)
The device is currently already selling in China for around $220 with more information available at Wirelession here.