Microsoft today announced that they are releasing the April 2016 edition of their evaluation Windows developer virtual machines (VM) on Windows Dev Center. The VMs come in Hyper-V, Parallels, VirtualBox, and VMWare flavors and will expire on 7/9/2016.
- Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation, Version 1511 (Build 10586)
- Visual Studio 2015 Community Update 2
- Windows developer SDK and tools (Build 10586)
- Windows IoT Core SDK and Raspberry Pi 2 (Build 10586.0.151029-1700)
- Windows IoT Core project templates (Version 1.0)
- Microsoft Azure SDK for .NET (Build 2.9)
- Windows Bridge for iOS (Build 0.1.160324)
- Windows UWP samples (Build 3.0.0)
- Windows Bridge for iOS samples
With the above tools, you can try out the Windows 10 development environment without spending the time it would normally take to set up and configure a device for development or test use. Run this VM on your current Mac or PC for evaluation of the Universal Windows Platform tools and technologies to accelerate bringing your existing code to Windows.