Are you waiting for those cool apps on iPhone and Android to appear on the Marketplace so you can install them on your Windows Phone?
Do you search the Marketplace now and then just to see if your favorite app, like Draw Something, Temple Run, Instagram or whatever has arrived?
Are you tired of looking through all apps in Marketplace that’s matching your query but is not the one (also known as “false positive”) every time you make the same query?
Then AppDetective is perfect for you!!
AppDetective cannot magically convert the app to the Windows Phone platform, but it can tell you when it has arrived! Just enter what you are looking for and AppDetective periodically checks the Marketplace if the app has arrived.
- Periodical background search on the Marketplace
- Supports Live Tiles with notification of new apps matching your query
- Add as many queries you like
- Supports all currently available marketplace regions
- Keeps track of apps youâ€™ve marked as â€œfalse positiveâ€
This is how it all works when AppDetective saves you the time for searching the Marketplace:
- Add as many queries you want, containing the search words youâ€™re looking for. It could be an app name or just a generic search term.
- Pin AppDetective or the queries to the start screen.
- Wait for an app matching your search criteria to appear on the Marketplace.
- When there is, AppDetective notifies you on the live tile(s) on your start screen.
- Start AppDetective and look through the new apps. If theapp is found, congratulations! Just go ahead and install it! If not, tap the minus sign to mark the app as â€œfalse positiveâ€ so you donâ€™t need to bother again.
- Continue the long waitâ€¦
AppDetective Free is ad supported and has been available for a while, recently updated to version 1.6.
Now AppDetective Premium is available for those who hates ads or just want to support the developers. The Premium version has a fully functional trial with ads.
AppDetective Premium is available here and the price just dropped to $0.99 (not available in all regions, due to complex tax rules at MS)
AppDetective Free is available here (available in all regions)