The idea behind it is to upload/backup your messages to a GMail account so you can use them from a computer. It doesnâ€™t do the other way round so if you need a backup, MyPhone might be a better bet, but it does have a much nicer web interface (Google Mail instead of MyPhone).
Steps to use it.
1. Install it
2. Choose your Gmail Account.
3. Open the application, and fill the Send To: with the gmail id to which you want to backup sms.
4. Go to Menu "Login"(it is not an actual login, you need to configure your Gmail account for it).
5. Login should enable the SMS folders dropdown with all your SMS folders.
6. Select the folder to backup.
7. Go to Menu "Sync SMS Folder". This should start the message conversion to mail format. Progress will be displayed.
8. On completion it will prompt and then ask you if you want to sync
8. Syncing would send Emails with Subject IMAPSMS|<FOLDER NAME> :Sender and the body will contain Message and time, the subject should help you to create proper rules in your gmail account.