Power Planner for Windows Phone is a study assistant appÂ for students in universities. TheÂ app isÂ designedÂ specificallyÂ with students in mind, so this app is not for regular users.
What it offers for students ?
- Students can add theirÂ classes and homework assignments with all necessary associated inputs. Once you have added the classes with their timings, youÂ can view a beautiful class schedule.
- Reminders are automatically created when homework itemsÂ are added which will be very helpful.
- Once you create an assignment with a timing,Â itÂ willÂ show up on the Live Tile which is a welcomeÂ addition.
- You can share the items created with your friends
- The app supports Online backup and restore through Microsoft SkyDrive.
- And small things like support for GPA, adding notes to classes created, etc., will be more useful for students.
What is does not offer for students?
- This app is strictly forÂ study relatedÂ alone. You can no way add other types of reminders such as for paying internet bills, keeping up with your commitments, etc.
- It only supports oneÂ Live Tile for the app. Multiple Live tile support such as for classes, exams, etc,. would be awesome. (The app developer says its coming soon.)
- You can share items only through SMS & Email ! I don’t think students these days useÂ services other than Facebook, Twitter andÂ WhatsApp.
- Backup & Restore requires paid version which is acceptable, but the ability to add exams should not be a paid version since its an essential part of student life and they useÂ apps like Power PlannerÂ onlyÂ during the exams !
Overall, the whole app experienceÂ was fast and snappy. I would definitely recommend students to try this free app and also I don’t think there is any compelling alternative apps for this scenarioÂ on Windows Phone Marketplace. If there is any, let me know.
Download the free app hereÂ from the marketplace.