App Annie is an app analytics company that produces a range of business intelligence tools and market reports for the apps and digital goods industry.
It tracks over 3,700,000 mobile applications, and developers have connected over 350,000 apps to its Analytics platform.
The service has just added Windows Phone support, its 6th app store, and now provides a list of the top 500 apps on the platform since December 24th.
The service provides:
- Store Stats – A free online service for app ranking analysis. It provides a range of charts visualizing on historical rankings, daily rankings, ratings and featured placements broken down by countries and categories for the top 1,000 apps across the iOS, Mac, Google Play, Amazon Appstore and Windows 8 Store.
- Analytics – A free sales analytics dashboard for app publishers. It allows publishers to track their app downloads, revenues, rankings and reviews across multiple platforms. Publishers can access data via a web dashboard, daily email reports, export function, and API. As of December 2013, App Annie Analytics is used by over 45,000 publishers to track more than 350,000 apps around the world.
- Intelligence – A premium product that provides algorithm-based market estimations. It helps businesses inform their product, international, marketing, and investment strategies. App Annie Intelligence clients as of 2013 were Activision, Dropbox, Electronic Arts, Google, GREE, Microsoft, Tencent, etc.
- App Annie for eBooks – A free service that connects Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing and iTunes Connect Books accounts to App Annie’s dashboard, giving sales and download information similar to Analytics. Also provides industry-wide eBook analysis for Apple iBookstore and Amazon Kindle Store.
- Advertising Analytics for App Annie – A free service that aggregates mobile app advertising data from ad networks such as Chartboost, Tapjoy, AdMob, etc. and combines them alongside app download and revenue metrics. Still in beta with more ad networks being continuously added.
See the Windows Phone charts and sign up for the service at App Annie here.