DOOM: 2016 #BE3 Showcase Presentation
At E3 2016 press event, Bethesda revealed all the new free content coming to DOOM, including new SnapMap tools and Hell visual themes, plus new multiplayer modes including fan favorites like Classic Deathmatch, capture the flag, and capture & hold. They also shared news around the game’s first DLC pack, Unto the Evil, which includes three new multiplayer maps, new equipment, a new weapon, and the Harvester–and a new player-controlled demon.
id Software built its mighty legacy on sharing, offering free demos of the original DOOM over two decades ago. In that same spirit, today’s DOOM will also offer a free demo of the full first level of game. This demo will available for a limited time only – during the week of E3. If you haven’t yet experienced the powerful guns, vicious demons and intense speed that’s made DOOM such a critical hit, now’s the perfect time.
SnapMap – Free Updates
Inspired by the community creations, id Software plans to provide free updates to DOOM’s innovative SnapMap creation tool, expanding everything from the visuals to the functionality and beyond. Here are some highlights that will be released in the coming months:
- New construction modules, including Hell visual themes
- New props, weapons and items
- New logic options
- New functionality, like the campaign’s popular weapon wheel, that will help creators build deeper single-player experiences
- Enhanced ways to easily find and play new content in the SnapMap hub
Multiplayer – Free Updates
In the next month, id Software will release two new modes:
- Exodus: a one-flag CTF mode that Stratton describes as a “uniquely DOOM experience”
- Sector: a multizone capture-and-hold mode
Later this summer, DOOM will also be updated with three additional free-for-all modes, including beloved classic mode. All of these new modes will be playable on any existing or future maps, and will be free for all players.
Multiplayer – Unto the Evil
DOOM’s first premium DLC pack will also release next month. Unto the Evil will include:
- Three new multiplayer maps: Offering, Cataclysm and Ritual
- A new player-controlled demon: Harvester
- A new weapon: UAC EMG Pistol
- New equipment: Kinetic Mine
- New ways to customize your DOOM marine, including additional armor sets, patterns, colors and taunts
- New hack modules
The DOOM Demo is available starting June 13. Play the first level of the campaign for free, available for Xbox One and PC.