Atmosphere, the weather app which combined simplicity with utility and has topped the charts ever since, has received a major update to version 1.5. The groundbreaking new update, with 23 innovative new features and improvements, is a complete rewrite of the application, designed around fulfilling user feedback and innovating with new, never-before-seen features. A massive improvement on Atmosphere 1.4’s extremely basic weather radar, 1.5 integrates with AeroRadar, my weather radar app targeted at professional forecasters. To further set Atmosphere apart, I created Time Machine, a weather prediction and archive service that puts historic weather – and predicted weather for the next 20 years – into your pocket for a $1.29 in-app purchase. Additionally, I redesigned the entire app around the concept that all data should be grouped and contained in a card, or window. This paradigm-shift resulted in a cohesive, scrollable interface that makes even the most severe storms a delight to read about. Additionally, I added numbers to the temperature graph, making the concept of glancable, graphed weather data a reality. Finally, I expanded the hourly data window to forecast by the hour for 24 hours into the future, a massive improvement over the typical 7 hour hourly forecast. Even better, I made Atmosphere, previously a 0.99 paid app, completely free!
- ?Used new ‘cards’ interface to give the UI a new and improved look
- Time Machine Allows you see historic weather data for any time in history
- International Radar due to integration with AeroRadar, my weather radar app for professional forecasters
- Rebuilt locations screen to work better and to not ‘forget’ locations as it did before
- New/Improved loading screen with animations
- New paradigm for switching between hourly/daily menus
- Temperature Graphs now have data points shown on them.
- Live Lockscreen Removed (It wasn’t working properly and causing more harm then good)
- Hourly/Daily data points now contain all of the data you can find in the ‘Now’ menu, but for each hour or day
- Storm tracking rolled into summary, will only appear when you need it.
- New alerts screen with alert expiry times and more
- Smoother Animations, depreciated animations removed
- Smaller App Package
- Redesigned Atmosphere’s top bar system, it now has time machine and settings displayed icons. Tap the location to change locations.
- Showed start and end time on hourly data points (ex. 2:00 to 3:00)
- New Weather Layers such as Lightning, Ultra HD, and More (AeroRadar)
- Apps can now integrate into AeroRadar. E-Mail [email protected] to request integration. (AeroRadar)
- New icons for Atmosphere and AeroRadar
- Added code required for AeroRadar integrate with Atmosphere
- Made App Free
- 24-Hour Forecast for Hourly Menu
- New Live Tile
- New Live Tile transparency slider
- AeroRadar Pro Reduced to 0.99
Atmosphere is available for download in the Windows Phone Store here.
AeroRadar, which is required to use Atmosphere’s Radar, is available here.