Aeries, the beautiful Twitter client for Windows Phone today received a major update. The latest update makes the app much better with an improved search feature. The latest update adds the ability to search all timelines easily. You can now pin saved searches to your home screen with your default sections and lists as well! The update also introduces a redesigned settings page for the app.
That’s not all, the update also brings Rich media and Reddit support. With the latest update, the app will display inline Vimeo and Vine videos. The update also adds the ability to view GIFs and Imgur images in the app. Version 7.0 also brings Reddit support which will now detect ‘subreddits’ on tweets and link to Reddit. As always, the update also brings performance improvements, aka ‘seems faster’. Here is the full changelog:
- Reimagined search throughout the app. Discover has been improved for performance and ease of use with jump lists in the trending section and integration with saved search.
- Search all your timelines. All timelines now have a search box at the top so you can easily find that tweet you need.
- Pin Saved Searches. You can now pin saved searches to your home screen with your default sections and lists.
- Lists and Saved Searches have been upgraded to save read position when pinned to your main page.
- Updated and improved pull to refresh.
- Redesigned Settings page to make it easier to configure the app to your liking.
- Rich media – Inline Vine, Vimeo, Gif, multi-image, Imgur etc previews in your timeline with support to play Vines, GIFs etc in app.
- Reddit support – sub reddit now detected in tweet text and link to the Reddit page.
- Redesigned and improved compose page for better compatibility with differing screen sizes.
- Speed and caching improvements throughout the app.
It’s worth mentoning that the update isn’t stable — there are couple of issues throughout the app. The developer behind the app, Brad Stevenson has told me that the app will be out of beta with the upcoming release which will fix the issues that are currently on version 7.0.
If you’re part of the beta program for Aeries, head-over to this link to download the latest update! What do you think of Aeries? Let us know in the comment section below.