Adobe today announced the latest releases of Creative Cloud that will make media ingest and editing workflows faster than ever in Premiere Pro CC and Media Encoder CC. Also, the latest Premiere Pro will have new virtual reality capabilities including field of view mode for spherical stitched media. In addition, Adobe is also releasing a more responsive After Effects as well as performance and stability enhancements across the Adobe video applications.
Feature highlights of the latest update to Creative Cloud video and audio tools include:
- Edit immediately during ingest allows Premiere Pro CC users to get straight to work, while importing their video and audio files in the background, and switch between native and proxy formats freely when using multiple devices via CreativeSync. With initial support for Apple Metal and H.264 hardware decoding (Windows Intel Iris only), you get maximum performance.
- Powerful proxy workflows in Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Media Encoder CC help editors work with heavy 8K, HDR and HFR media even on lightweight machines like laptops. Editors can natively with high-resolution formats up to 8K—such as RED Weapon—or with a new workflow that creates lightweight proxies at ingest
- Enhanced Lumetri™ Color tools within Premiere Pro CC adds HSL Secondaries to expand the editor’s toolkit for making color correction and adjustment easier for all filmmakers. See what’s new for Premiere Pro & Media Encoder
- Performance improvements like a new video and audio preview engine in After Effects CC delivers superior playback of cached frames for a smooth experience. You see overall efficiency improvements when interacting with the application while GPU-accelerated effects deliver faster rendering results.
- Cinema 4D Exporter Improvements. Transition a project from After Effects CC to Maxon Cinema 4D with new export options. Animated text and shape layers can now be saved directly into the Cinema 4D file format. Add depth and customizations to your text and shapes in Cinema 4D and changes are automatically updated in After Effects for a roundtrip 3D motion graphics workflow. See what’s new in After Effects
- Easier and more efficient Character Animator includes a simplified puppet creation process that enables users to easily tag puppet layers easily and record multiple takes of a character’s movement. Users can animate puppets to respond to motion and trigger animation accordingly. See what’s new in Character Animator
- New Essential Sound panel in Audition CC enables novices to mix audio content with professional results in a single panel. Modeled after the Lumetri Color panel in Premiere Pro, the Essential Sound panel provides simple controls to unify volume levels, repair sound, improve clarity, and help your video projects sound like they were mixed by an audio engineer.
- Also new in Audition, Direct Export with Adobe Media Encoder (http://adobe.ly/1MSZ2RM ) enables you to export video projects with finished audio directly with Adobe Media Encoder, saving the trip back to Premiere Pro. All formats and presets are available, including formats which support re-wrap to minimize re-encoding video. Get full control over audio channel streams for multichannel audio formats, such as MXF, ensuring compatibility with your workflows and standards. See what’s new in Audition
- Quickly find Adobe Stock assets with new filtered search in Creative Cloud Libraries. Licensed assets in your library are now badged for easy identification, videos are displayed with duration and format information, and saved videos are linked to video previews on the Adobe Stock site.