Since last year, Adobe have been optimizing their desktops tools to make it more natural for you to design with gestures on Windows touch devices. Yesterday, they revealed brand new Touch Workspaces few Creative Cloud desktop apps.
InDesign users will be able to create layouts with the Touch Workspace. In the video apps, you will scrub clips, drag and drop them into the Timeline, navigate between panels in a group and more – all through touch gestures. And in Photoshop, we’ve refined the touch experience so you can perform many of common tasks more quickly.
In addition to these, Creative Cloud desktop apps will come with following new features,
New for Graphic Designers
- The next update to Photoshop CC will be tightly integrated with the brand new Adobe Fuse CC (Preview). Fuse lets you create realistic 3D models, easily insert the 3D model into a scene in Photoshop CC with the power of CreativeSync, apply poses and animations, and adjust camera angles and lighting. Fuse is also a fast and flexible new way to create stunning 2D image compositions with 3D-like depth.
- The new Shaper tool in Illustrator CC gives you the functionality of 12 different tools and panels in a single tool. Draw basic shapes like circles, squares, and polygons, and the Shaper tool quickly and intuitive creates perfect geometric shapes for you. Plus, these will be Live Shapes so they are nondestructive and easily editable.
- InDesign CC will update Publish Online, allowing you to embed a document directly in a website.
New for UX & web
- Artboards improvements in Photoshop CC include guides for precise placement of elements, easier visualization of layers and the ability to customize the look and feel of your documents. The Photoshop CC release will also deliver the first version of Design Space, a modern design experience, inside Photoshop CC, streamlined for the requirements of web, UX and mobile app designers.
- Project Comet is a brand new Creative Cloud app currently under development, aimed at designing and prototyping web and mobile user experiences. We welcome you to be a part of the development process – sign up for the technology preview now.
- Web designers will love the new 64-bit version of Dreamweaver CC. We’ve added responsive design capabilities using new visual aids and the latest Bootstrap framework.
- Muse CC adds free-form responsive design to easily create custom websites that dynamically scale to any size screen, browser or device, without having to code or use restrictive templates.
- Flash Pro CC has been adding support for HTML5 and today we announced the ability to publish animations to multiple platforms including HTML5 Canvas, WebGL or even custom platforms – and with this release we are adding support for 4K video formats.
New for Video
We also have an incredible amount of Adobe Magic that’s going into our video products which we previewed recently at IBC. Having set the standard for the best native file format support in the industry, we announced that:
- Premiere Pro CC ushers in the new era of UltraHD via comprehensive native format support for editing beautiful 4K-to-8k footage, and advances color, with support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) workflows in Premiere Pro CC.
- After Effects CC now has the powerful and accessible color tools and color workspace that Premiere Pro has.
- Audition CC introduces Remix, a new audio feature that automatically rearranges music to any duration while maintaining the aural integrity and structure of the piece.