The end of the year is approaching, we all have memorable moments to share with our friends. On Windows Phone Store, there are high quality apps which may help us sharing our moments in a much more emotional and interesting way than just showing simple and static pictures. Many of us do known but absolutely not all the users are aware of these excellent tools. Therefore in this article I would like to introduce and summarize all the useful features, pros and cons of each movie making apps on the store.
The first we should mention about is Movie Maker 8.1 from Venetasoft. Movie Maker 8.1 is a tool to mix videos, pictures and music, and “add a little gusto to your movies”. The app normally runs $.99, but sometimes you can pick it up for free. Movie Maker 8.1’s main features are:
- Full HD 1920×1080 video support
- Customizable titles: font (type, color and size) and background color/picture/video frame)
- Ken Burns effect (pan & zoom) with custom duration
- Editing tools: frame grab, trim, crop, split, move, cut, copy, paste, delete, replace, merge, audio levels, detach audio.
- Other features available via in-app-purchase: transition effects, filters, sound effects, background music library…
|Pros: Movie Maker 8.1 has very interesting transition effects as well as image filters, full HD video support, and Instagram uploading feature.|
Cons: The user interface is a little complicated, and almost all the effect packs require in-app-purchase can also be consider as another minus point.
The second one is Movie Creator Beta from Microsoft. This app helps you quickly and easily combine videos, photos, music and even cinemagraphs into stylish movies for sharing anywhere. The main features are:
- Rearrange clips
- Apply filters to clips
- Editing tools: adjust trim & duration, rotate/flip/mirror, pan & zoom, add text titles & credits, and adjust volume.
- Movie themes and music available via the in-app Theme Store
|Pros: The user interface is very well designed, clean and intuitive. Microsoft also provides a number of beautiful themes in this app. Besides, user can also pay for additional themes.|
Cons: The app size is more than 100MB, which is obviously a problem for anyone who wants to install the app.
The third one is Flipagram from Flipagram Inc. This app allows user to create short videos using photos from Facebook, Instagram, and Photo library, with custom background music. The main features are:
- Instagram and Flipagram style videos
- Select music from the phone’s music library.
- Customizable video titles.
|Pros: The UI is simple and easy to use.|
Cons: No transition effect, no image filter, video duration is limited to 30 seconds, not able to join video clips.
Last but not least,Video Memories from EZAPP is a comprehensive app for video making on Windows Phone 8.1 devices. The main features are:
- 40 GPU-powered transition effects
- 20+ image filters
- 100+ photo frames.
- Customizable subtitles with 30+ fonts and colors.
|Pros: ~40 high quality transition effects, ~30 image color filters (all free), a big number of free photo frames, HD720 support, clean and simple to use UI.|
Cons: Not able to join video clips, Instagram uploading is not supported, Full HD is not supported.
To summarize, all the above mentioned apps are good for making and sharing videos. If you are a fan of Instagram, Movie Maker 8.1 is the only selection. However, regarding the quality of transition effects, Video Memories may be the best one. Flipagram is the app for short and simple videos.