It seems the impatient are finding increasingly creative ways the force the NoDo update and work their way around Microsoftâ€™s throttling.
The method involves spoofing the Zune servers, and is for unbranded devices only.
The instructions are below, and several people report it working for them, although some HTC devices such as the HTC Mozart and HTC Surround are not as lucky.
See the instructions below.
Download usaip.eu/en/USAIP.pbk open it and connect to EUROIP PPTP Hungary with
- Connect your phone to the PC
- Disable WLAN in your phone but be sure to have FLIGHT MODE off
- Start Zune and keep it running all the time
- Switch to your carrier settings on the phone
- Manually search for an update within Zune
- After a few seconds (about 10-15 seconds for me) disable data transfer on the already opened settings tab on your phone –> The update shows up!
See more at XDA-Developers here.