9% of US consumers interested in Windows Phone 8, prefer Samsung over Nokia


Market researcher ChangeWave has released some research data about US consumer’s interest in Windows phone 8.

9% said they were likely to buy a Windows Phone 8 handset in the future, with 2% very likely and 7% somewhat likely.

“Considering marketing has yet to begin, these findings show Windows Phone 8 will likely have a substantial impact on the smart phone industry,” said Dr. Carton ChangeWave’s VP of Research.

The survey found Integration with Windows Apps/Devices (36%) was the number 1 reason consumers wanted a Windows Phone.

45% of those interested were undecided to which OEM they would chose, but of the other 55%, more than half (51%) showed a clear preference for Samsung. 7% wanted an HTC and only 35% a Nokia, an indication of the high mindshare Samsung had and the poor mindshare of Nokia in USA.

We are relatively confident however that once marketing starts this stat will be reversed, simply due to the greater commitment of Nokia to the Windows phone market, which will likely result in more focussed advertising, vs Samsung, which is much more likely to push their Galaxy S series of handsets.

See the full report at Changewave here.

Via The Register.com

Some links in the article may not be viewable as you are using an AdBlocker. Please add us to your whitelist to enable the website to function properly.