Microsoft recently started delivering the first batch of HoloLens Developer Edition devices to developers. The company also released an emulator for those who are not interested in spending $3000 for an augmented reality headset. Now, 1Password today showed off its Windows 10 app running on the HoloLens, which is really impressive:
The #1 password manager with 1 in its name is naturally the 1st to be ready for Microsoft's HoloLens. First!1!! pic.twitter.com/n4TTPRvbiR
— 1Password (@1Password) April 5, 2016
Of course, as the 1Password app for Windows 10 supports the Universal Windows Platform, the developers probably didn’t have to make a tonne of changes to the app’s code to bring it to the HoloLens. It is worth noting that 1Password has released a new update for its Windows 10 app today, which brings a few improvements:
- [IMPROVED] automatic reconnect to 1Password Account when session is expired
- [IMPROVED] search also checks for tags (only search that runs after ENTER for now, suggestions do not include tags yet)
- [IMPROVED] Settings menu provides simpler and yet powerful user experience
- View user’s guide (op://guide in browser or /guide in search box)
- Ask in the forum (op://forum in browser or /forum in search box)
- Email us (op://email in browser or /email in search box) to email us logs and crash reports
- Feedback (op://feedback in browser or /feedback in search box) to open system’s Feedback Hub
- [IMPROVED] Advanced options can be accessed by either /iddqd or /log commands
- [IMPROVED] Log is opened in a separate window
- [FIXED] some of the crashes should not happen anymore, thank for your feedback!
For those wondering, the 1Password isn’t available for the HoloLens just yet, but it should be coming soon. Until then, you can grab it for your Windows 10 PC or Mobile from the link below.
Via: Windows Central